Things to do in Podgorica
Podgorica is the capital of Montenegro with a population of about 150,000 positioned in the middle of the country, in a picturesque area with 2 rivers. In addition, in 2017 Montenegro has been chosen by Vogue magazine as one of the most tempting destinations to travel, because of its natural beauty and more affordable prices compared to its neighbors Italy and Croatia.
Getting Around Podgorica
- Downton Podgorica Map
- Downtown Podgorica Tourist Map
- Directions from Podgorica Airport to Hilton Hotel
- Getting to Podgorica with Grand Travel
Restaurants, Bars, Caffes:
Rent-a-car and visit some of the most breathtaking places.
- Mediterranean coast with sandy beaches and historic cities of Bar, UNESCO-protected bay of Kotor, and Budva (1 hour car ride from Podgorica to Budva)
- Lake Skadar National Park with fishing villages Rijeka Crnojevica, Vranjine and Virpazar (30 minute car ride from Podgorica to Rijeka Crnojevića)
- Durmitor National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site (2 hour ride from center of Podgorica to glacial lakes and stunning mountain peaks of the Dinaric Alps)
- City of Cetinje, the Old Royal Capital of Montenegro, is a beautiful historic town, just a 30 minute drive from the center of Podgorica. In Cetinje, the visitors can see the Blue Castle — the official home of today’s president of Montenegro. Cetinje is home to many impressive historic buildings that housed embassies during the 19th century, and the monastery that allegedly keeps the right hand of John the Baptist and a piece of the Holy Cross.
- Ostrog Monastery built into the cliff of a mountain located about 1 hour from Podgorica by car.