VIVO 2017 Task Force is pleased to announce that next year conference will have an exciting change in the way the workshops are organized.
- First: Workshops will be free of charge!
- Second: Workshop proposers, after having their workshop accepted, will be responsible for selecting speakers for their workshops who are experts in the field. By having more focused discussion on relevant topics we hope to enable VIVO conference attendees to learn what are the new trends in specific fields of interest to the community.
In detail, a workshop proposal must include the following:
- A concise title of the workshop.
- The names and the affiliations of the organizers. The organizers should add a short biographical note with their areas of expertise and their experience in organizing workshops or related events.
- Proposed duration of the workshop (half or full day).
- An outline of the workshop’s objectives and learning outcomes. The outline should also address the importance of the workshop in view of the conference and its relevance to VIVO.
- The expected participants in the workshop. If the workshop has been organized before, either in the frame of VIVO or any other conference, the organizers should also report the previous attendance, the outcomes, any post-workshop publication venue, etc.
- A description of the workshop’s theme, its main topics and the format (the number of invited speakers, type of activities (e.g., short paper presentation, invited talk, etc.), and an approximate timeline (breaks should be synchronized with scheduled breaks if possible.)
Workshop proposals should be maximum of two (2) pages in length and minimum of 500 words. Upon submitting the workshop proposal, the proposers commit that in case the workshop is accepted, they will physically attend and coordinate the workshop.
Each submitted proposal will be reviewed by the Program Chair and Program Vice-Chair in coordination with the VIVO 2017 Conference Task Force. More details on the time and days of the workshops will be coming at a later date. Right now we wanted to send this announcement to the community about these two exciting changes to the VIVO 2017 Conference Program. We hope that you are excited about the FREE workshops and that you will get inspired to submit an outstanding workshop proposal. The Program Chair and Vice-Chair, along with the VIVO 2017 Conference Task Force members will provide substantial support in the area of logistics management and infrastructure.
Important dates will be announced at a later date.